Alu pcr Lab
- Isolate DNA from cheek cells
- Prepare a PCR reaction for amplificationof an Alu insert
- 9% saline solution
- micropipettes, tip
- waste container
- microcentrifuge tubes
- PCR tubes
- 1x TAE
- gel chambers and molds
- load dye
- primer mix
- master mix
- positive control DNA
- Swish saline solution in your mouth.
- Spit solution into a cup.
- Put 1000ul of the swished saline solution into a microfuge tube.
- Spin the tube in the microcentrifuge.
- Pour extra supernatant into cup.
- Resuspend the cells in the solution.
- Add cell suspension to the Chelex tube.
- Heat the tube with Chelex and cell suspension.
- Place supernatant into a new tube. Make sure no Chelex beads are present.
- Pipet master mix, primer mix, and extracted DNA into PCR tube.
- Place mix in the thermal cycler.
- Prepare gel and buffer.
- Mix DNA and loading dye.
- Load samples into gels.